- Handspun and handwoven throw
- 100% Siroua wool (an endangered sheep living in a volcanic massif with very long wool fibers )
- decorative motifs painted by hand with henna paste and several tinctorial plants
- made in the Anti-Atlas region
- the design of this throw is not a traditional pattern, It is directly inspired by their surroundings.
Approximate measurements: 160x220cm
Edition of 50
Variation is to be expected, each piece differs in color, size, shape and decorations due to its handmade nature. sumano is about simplicity, imperfections, and embracing the "flaws".
- cold hand wash with mild detergent or dry clean
Production lead time: 8 - 10 weeks
We will keep you posted on the progress of every step of the process
This village is landlocked in the mountains of the Moroccan Anti-Atlas, until the early 2000s, it was accessible only on foot or accompanied by mules. The architecture of their typical houses is entirely made of local stones. The village is mostly inhabited by women, the lack of work force men to leave for bigger big cities.
Two cooperatives and more than 45 Berber women work in this tribal territory. Women weavers go on keeping this ancestral savoir-faire alive as the veil is still used for wedding ceremonies.